Procedures for applying for LWOP to relocate with spouse

The employee should submit a SF-52 for LWOP and in the remarks section include the following statement.

"I understand that this LWOP, to accompany my spouse, is for my benefit and does not preclude the activity from filling or abolishing the position. Should my position be filled or committed to another person or abolished during my period of LWOP, I understand that I will not have return rights to reclaim this position. If I do not obtain federal employment prior to the expiration of the LWOP, my resignation will be effective on ________."

At the same time the employee should submit a resignation SF-52 to be effective at the expiration of the LWOP.

10/05/10                                         CPAC