Garrison | Cyber | Tradoc | Army | | Ako/Dko | Army A-Z | Sitemap | Contact


Important Notices
Privacy Policy
External Links Disclaimer
Section 508


Frequently Asked Questions

Fort Gordon Frequently Asked Questions

What would I need to do in order to come onto Fort Gordon?
You will need to obtain a temporary pass.


The following guidelines apply for pass requests:

1. All drivers must possess a valid DoD ID card or a valid Fort Gordon Pass.

a. Driver Pass requirements:

(1) Valid driver's license, proof of insurance and vehicle registration

(2) Non-US citizens require a passport and driver's license

b. Adult passenger/s must have ONE of the following:

(1) Valid driver's license

(2) Passport

(3) Identification card issued by Federal, State, or local government agencies, provided it contains a photograph and biographic information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address

(4) Permanent resident card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551).

c. Children (under the age of 18) who are passengers in a vehicle driven by their parent/guardian are not required to show an ID

2. Passes will only be issued in the RIGHT lane at gate #1. Personnel who have a DoD ID card or a valid pass can use all lanes at gate #1.

3. Contractor personnel who work on Fort Gordon may obtain a extended pass based on their tenure on Fort Gordon. To obtain a extended pass, the employee's government COR must submit a request through the DES Physical Security Office, 791-2521, bldg 29717. The individual must consent to a driver's and criminal background investigation to obtain a extended pass.

4. Patrons with MWR access can obtain extended passes. Patrons must first contact their MWR representative and then turn in their pass requests into the Law Enforcement Center, bldg 32422. The individual must consent to a driver's and criminal background investigation to obtain a extended pass.

5. Temporary 1-3 day passes may be authorized at Gate #1 visitor control center.

6. Once passes are obtained, individuals can use any gate to access the installation.

7. Personnel who don't meet the criteria for entrance into Fort Gordon will be denied access and no pass will be given.

8. DoD vehicle decals are obsolete and won't be used to allow access to the installation.

9. Contractors and sub-contractors entering the installation with passes in their POVs can access any gate. However, contractors and sub-contractors operating commercial vehicles (tractor trailers, vans, trucks with tool boxes, etc) that require inspections, must use gate #3.

10. All vehicles are subject to random inspections

I am an Army veteran who was stationed at Fort Gordon for training, and I would like to take a tour of the post. What would I need to do in order to come and visit Fort Gordon?
For a large group please contact Community Relations at (706) 791-1871, for coordination.

For individual families, If you come during the week you can pick up a map in our office. We are located in Nelson Hall, 520 Chamberlain Avenue, room 209 between the hours of 0600-1600. You can also print a map from our website. The map is located on the Quick Dial keypad under button #8, "Fort Gordon Map."

Where can I find information for Initial Entry Training (IET) Soldiers?
The 15th Regimental Signal Brigade trains Initial Entry Training (IET) Soldiers. Click here for arrival information. Call the Brigade Staff Duty: (706) 791-8314 for additional information.

When are graduations for Initial Entry Training (IET) Soldiers?
IET graduations are held in the Battalion classroom of the respective Battalion Headquarters on the following days and times:
369th Signal Battalion - Every Wednesday at 4 p.m.
551st Signal Battalion - Every Wednesday at 3 p.m.
73rd Ordnance Battalion - Every Wednesday at 3 p.m.
447th Signal Battalion - Every Wednesday at 3 p.m.

Are civilians allowed to use MWR facilities?
Yes, there are a host of facilities that are available for use by civilians that include: Golf, Dinner Theatre, Bowling, Riding Stables, Special Events/Concerts, Library, Skeet and Trap, Archery, Fishing/Hunting and more. For additional information contact MWR, 706.791.6491.

What are the hours for the Thrift Shop?
The operating hours for the thrift Shop are Tuesdays and Thursday from 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. and the first Saturday of each month from 10 a.m - 2 p.m. The Thrift Shop is located in building 39102 behind the main PX. For additional information contact Army Community Service, 706.791.3579.

Where can I find information on Fort Gordon events and activities?
There are several places to find event information: Morale, Health and Welfare (FMWR) lists activities at and in the FYI magazine, The Public Affairs Office publishes events online in the News Update section, and in The Signal newspaper.

How do I register for the Motorcycle Safety Course?
Signing up for safety classes can be done online at the Army Traffic Safety Training Program (ATSTP). For more information call (706) 791-7233.

How do I request a performance by the Signal Corps Band?
Please make your request 45 days in advance by clicking on the following link; For more information please call (706) 791-8264.


Home | Sitemap | Contact | Webmaster | Privacy Policy | Links Disclaimer | Section 508 | ICE | Jobs | FAQ | Important Notices | Help | FOIA
© 2012 Fort Gordon Installation Management Command - Atlantic Region | This is an official U.S. Army web site. | Last Update: