Trainee/Student Processing Branch
Areas of Responsibility:
In/Out Processing of all Regular Army, US Army Reserves, and Army National Guard ENLISTED Soldiers that are on Fort Gordon for an MOS producing course, an ASI producing course, or an NCOES course (functional courses are NOT included)
- Enroll and Process all ATRRS transactions involving all enlisted students
- Publishing of MOS orders for all ENLISTED students graduating from an MOS producing course or an ASI producing course
- Update DEERS, SGLV/DD93, and conduct personnel actions as necessary for all ENLISTED students
- Issue CACs and ID tags as necessary (this includes Officer Students); Reset PINs
- Acquire and publish assignment instructions for all Regular Army ENLISTED students
- Provide AOT assignments to schoolhouses for track training in the 4 AOT MOS (25F; 25Q; 25P; 25S)
Trainee/Student Processing Branch - ID Card/DEERS Procedures
Hours of Operation (as of 12 FEB 08)
- Monday ~ 0730-1600 hours TSP (Rm 191) is closed for In Processing.
- Tuesday ~ 0745–1130 for 369th personnel (30max) 1215-1530 for 369th personnel (30max)
- Wednesday ~ 0745–1130 for 551st pers. (30max) 1215-1530 for 447th personnel (30max)
- Thursday ~ 0745-1130 for 73rd personnel (30max)
- Thursday ~ 1300–1530 for DDEAMC, 442nd and RNCOA personnel
- Friday ~ 0745–1130 for 369th personnel (30max) 1215-1530 for 447th/551st personnel (15max each)
Required Documents to add Family members to DEERS:
- Social Security Card – Mandatory for all applicants to present their original Social Security Card or a notarized copy of the Social Security Card. In lieu of a Social Security you may use a W-2 or W-4 Tax form.
- Spouse – Original Marriage certificate, Original birth certificate, Original Social Security Card or notarized copy of the Social Security Card, Original Drivers License or notarized copy of the Drivers License (in lieu of Drivers Licenses, a Passport or a notarized copy of the Passport or a Photo ID issued by a State or Federal agency). If either party was previously married, a copy of the divorce decree, annulment, or a death certificate is required
- Children – Marriage certificate, child’s birth certificate, Social Security Card or notarized copy. If a birth certificate has not been issued yet the hospital confirmation or certificate of live birth is acceptable.
- Children Born Overseas – FS 240 (Consular Report of Birth) or DS 1350 (Certification of Birth) is required, Social Security Card or notarized copy.
- Adopted Children – Final adoption decree and birth certificate are required and Social Security Card or notarized copy.
- Dependents Born Out of Wedlock – Birth certificate, Social Security Card or notarized copy and judicial decree of paternity (court order establishing paternity) or Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity must be presented. A child born out of wedlock, whose paternity has not been judicially established, must request dependency determination to DFAS, IN before a card can be issued (a dependency packet can be picked up at the front desk of the main ID Card Section (Room 161).
- Ward –
Court order granting custody to the sponsor is needed along with a Social
Security Card or notarized copy and a birth certificate or documentation
from an authorized placement agency under the Department of Human Services.
Required Documents to Replace an ID card:
Lost ID card – MP Report, Counseling Statement (DA Form 4836) signed by the Soldier and a unit representative (Drill Sergeant or Operations SGT) and Commander’s Statement (see attached examples).
- Confiscated ID card – MP Report
- Prior Service Enlistee – DD 4/1 (Enlistment Contract) and a photo ID.
- National Guard/Reserves Soldiers reporting without an ID card – DD 4/1 and orders bringing the Soldier on active duty.
Soldiers must have an AKO account in order to properly process a Common Access Card (CAC).
Regular Army Records
Appointments are made through the Company Operations NCOs
- Monday – 0730-1600 hours In processing.
- Tuesday – Wednesday 0730-1600 hours; 0800 until 1530 by appointment
- Thursday – Friday 0730-1600 hours; 0800 until 1200 by appointment
Appointments are required for updating SGLV/DD93 Family Travel, and updating records (Note: SGLV/DD93 must be done not earlier than 24 hours after DEERS has been updated). Walk-ins accepted if sent to Room 207 by In/Out processing; Post Retention; Transportation; Carlson Wagon-Lit; or by the POR clerk.
In-Processing - Conducted in Room 188E of Darling Hall every Monday beginning at 1300 hrs
Out-Processing -(RA Enlisted Trainees/Students) Conducted in Room 188 of Darling Hall every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at 0900 hrs – this includes TDY enroute soldiers from RNCOA also. (Note: Soldiers should have two (2) copies of clearance record if the unit wants an original stamped copy back)
Out-Processing - (USAR/ARNG Enlisted Trainees Students) Conducted in Room 237 as required. Operations/Training NCOS must review the monthly graduation rosters as soon as they are received and notify the records specialists of any discrepancies. This will assist in avoiding last minute changes and changes in flight arrangements. This allows ample time for preparation so that the records specialist can transfer them upstairs for completion of DD214s.
Preparation Overseas Readiness - (POR) Briefing (Enlisted Trainees/Students Only) Conducted in Room 188 of Darling Hall Every Thursday beginning at 0730 hrs.
Inactive Trainee/StudentAn Inactive Trainee/Student is a Soldier that is not actively attending training in an MOS producing or ASI producing course.
- A Soldier that has arrived to Ft Gordon but has not started training for whatever reason (hold-under)
- A Soldier that has been taken out of training for 3 days or more due to quarters, profile, UCMJ, emergency leave, convalescent leave, security issues etc.
- A Soldier that has completed all academic requirements for the course but has not received a security clearance, has not passed the EOC APFT, is pending UCMJ, has a medical profile, or has not completed POR procedures (dental etc) to PCS.
- A Soldier that is in an AOT MOS and is awaiting the course for their track training or that does not have an assignment to begin track training.