The Fort Gordon Transition Point is located in the Soldier Service Center, Darling Hall, Room 237. Hours: Monday through Firday: 0730 to 1600, closed on holidays and weekends.
- Transition Processing: (706) 791-1950/4429 or DSN 780-1950/4429
- Retirement Applications: (706) 791-4745 or DSN 780-4745
- Transition Center Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Transition Point offers briefings to inform soldiers of the procedures and benefits associated with transition processing. Click on the appropriate button for more information.
Pre-retirement briefings are held each month to prepare retiree-candidates for transitioning into retirement and should be attended one to two months before the start of Permissive TDY and/or Transition Leave. POC is at 791-4745
Mandatory pre-retirement briefings are held:
- the first Tuesday of each month
- 1300 hours (must be seated by 1230 hours)
- Transition Center Conference Room located in Room 237, Darling Hall.
- Retiree-candidates should bring copies of permissive TDY and Transition Leave
Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) briefings are mandatory for retiree-candidates with an approved retirement date and should be attended by both the soldier and spouse. Briefings are scheduled monthly by appointment. Telephone 791-4745 to attend.