Thank you for visiting the NIOC Georgia web site. This policies below establish how we will handle information we learn about you from your visit to our site. Please be assured that the privacy of our visitors is of utmost
importance to us. We collect no personal information about you when you visit
our site unless you choose to provide that information to us.
DoD Privacy and Security Notice
PRIVACY AND SECURITY NOTICE
Requests for other types of documents use similar information. Unless otherwise stated, no personally-identifiable information is collected.
- NIOCGA Website is provided as a public service by NIOCGA, NSAG and Fort Gordon NEC.
- Information presented on this service not identified as protected by copyright is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline, photo, and image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This U.S. Government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, software programs are employed to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and national security purposes, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits beyond DoD websites. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines. All data collection activities are in strict accordance with DoD Directive 5240.01.
- Web measurement and customization technologies (WMCT) may be used on this site to remember your online interactions, to conduct measurement and analysis of usage, or to customize your experience. The Department of Defense does not use the information associated with WMCT to track individual user activity on the Internet outside of Defense Department websites, nor does it share the data obtained through such technologies, without your explicit consent, with other departments or agencies. The Department of Defense does not keep a database of information obtained from the use of WMCT. General instructions for how you may opt out of some of the most commonly used WMCT is available at http://www.usa.gov/optout_instructions.shtml.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030).
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to the Webmaster:
Areas of this Server link to other Web Information Systems providing
security-related information which are operated by other government
organizations, commercial firms, educational institutions, and private parties.
We have no control over the information on those systems which may be
objectionable or which may not otherwise conform to Department of Navy policies.
Unless otherwise noted, some of the Sites listed within the pages of this server
are provided by organizations outside the Navy Domain. These links are offered
as a convenience and for informational purposes only. Their inclusion here does
not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Department of the Navy of
any of the products, services, or opinions of the external providers. The
Department of the Navy bears no responsibility for the accuracy or the content
of external sites. Please be aware that when you follow a link to another site,
you are then subject to the privacy and security policies of the new site.
Site Security Notice
Notice: This is a U.S. Government Web Site
1. This is a World Wide Web site for official information about
NAVIOCOM Georgia. It is provided as a public service by NIOC Georgia. The purpose is to
provide information and news about the Navy Information Operations Command Georgia to the
2. All information on this site is public domain and may be
distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate
byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change
information on this Web site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under
the Computer Fraud and
Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information
Infrastructure Protection Act.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service
remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software
programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload
or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigation and to
maintain required correspondence files, no other attempts are made to identify
individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs
are used to simply determine how many users are accessing the site, which pages
are the most popular, and, from time to time, from which top level domain users
are coming. This data is scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with
National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
COOKIE DISCLAIMER:We do not seek or collect any other data related to the
specific users of our servers, nor do we use web browser cookies of any type,
for any purpose, on these servers.
Some of our web pages provide forms allowing visitors to submit search engine
queries, questionnaires, feedback, or other information. Some of these forms may
request personally-identifying information (e.g., name, address, phone number,
e-mail address) for specific purposes, such as when the submitter is requesting
a personal response, registering for a conference, completing one of our on-line
NAVCIRT forms, or subscribing to a mailing list.
Before collecting personally-identifying information, we will prominently
Why we are requesting the information;
How it will be used;
How long it may be retained; and
Under what conditions, and with whom, it may be shared.
Generally, we will not share any personally-identifying
information you give us with any other government agency, private organization,
or the public, except with your consent or as required by law.
E-mail Privacy Advisory
By sending us an electronic mail message (for example, an e-mail message
addressed to the webmaster), you may be sending us personally-identifying
information. In these cases, we may retain the information as long as necessary
to respond to your request or otherwise resolve the subject matter of your
e-mail. Please be aware that email is not necessarily secure from interception
or misdirection. For your own protection you may wish to communicate sensitive
information using a method other than email.
We want to be very clear: regardless of the information being
transmitted to us, we will protect all such information consistent with
applicable law including, but not limited to, the Privacy Act
If you have any questions or comments about the information
presented here, please email them to the NIOC Georgia Public Affairs Officer.