Mission Statement (What We Do):
With a continued commitment towards excellence and professionalism, we strive to provide our clients with the best quality of tax services by helping them understand and meet their tax obligations.
Vision Statement (What We Want to Accomplish):
Free and Professional Tax Services for Retirees, Servicemembers, and their Families
Office Procedures: Open Tuesday through Friday by appointment only. Saturday walk-ins are welcome. Tax preparation is FREE for military personnel, their dependants, and retirees. AIT students have priority. Saturday services are intended for those individuals unavailable during the week due to work or family obligations. In order to fully assist our clients, we request you arrive no later than one (1) hour prior to closing. Thank you for your understanding.
Location: The Courtyard between Teresa’s and the water park. Building 36709
Phone Number: 706-791-1040
The Fort Gordon Tax Center proudly served over 3,600 members of the Fort Gordon Community during the 2014 tax filing system and saved them over $770,000.00 in tax preparation fees. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you this year!
Persons Eligible to Receive Tax Services:
1. Active Duty members of the Armed Forces of the United States
2. Reserve and National Guard component of the Armed Forces of the United States on Active Duty Orders
3. Active Duty and Reserve Component Retirees of the Armed Forces of the United States who are either receiving military retirement or disability pay
4. Family Members of the above categories
What to Bring:
1. Form 13614-C
2. Military ID Cards
3. SS Cards/ITIN Letters for Taxpayers, Spouse, and Dependents
4. All W-2s, 1099s, 1098s, etc.
5. Power of Attorney for absent spouses (download our Special Power of Attorney)
6. Documents for deductible expenses (if depreciating a rental, bring the property tax assessment for the year the rental was put in service)
7. Voided check for direct deposit
8. Last year’s Tax Return (helpful but not necessary)
9. Dependent care provider’s EIN #
Limitations to Tax Services:
Due to the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, the Fort Gordon Tax Center is unable to provide you with free tax services if you:
1. have more than three (3) rental properties
2. sold more than ten (10) stocks in the calendar year
3. have a Business*
*exceptions such as a home based child care business, Mary Kay, etc. will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
We are open through 18 April 2017 this year.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to call us at (706) 791-1040.